Thane: Fire destroys crucial documents at electrical inspection department | Thane News – Times of India

0
22


THANE: A fire broke out under mysterious circumstances at the district headquarters of the state electrical inspection department at Hazuri, early Sunday, gutting down the premises and destroying crucial records, officials said. No loss of life or injury was reported in the incident.
According to officials from the fire brigade, the incident was reported around 3am on Sunday by a team of patrolling police staff and as the intensity of the blaze was high, teams were deployed from few adjoining fire stations. The fire was brought under control and situation normalised by morning, said officials.
Meanwhile, officials from the department who rushed to the spot to analyse the damage said the blaze gutted down all files and records pertaining to previously granted approvals of electrical inspection and safety standards. The department conducts safety inspection of industrial, commercial and residential structures and certifies them fit for use before being put into use.
While the fire officials hinted the blaze could have been a result of short circuit, officials from the EID requesting anonymity suspected drug addicts and anti-social elements who operate in the desolate area at night to have accidentally triggered the blaze.
The fire brigade and the EID will conduct separate probes in the incident.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here